Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Liz - I know only you can save capitalism




Res Ipsa Loquitor

The Democratic Senate challenger, already under fire for her own remark that “there is nobody in this country who got rich on his own,” made her claim that she is a business champion in an interview with the National Journal published Sunday.
 
“Every now and again, I meet with someone who’s been very successful on Wall Street, who says, ‘I want to support your campaign because I believe you will save capitalism. I believe in capitalism, and I understand there have to be rules. And they have to be consistently enforced,’ ” Warren told the National Journal.  [Boston Herald]

This isn’t the first time Warren has made grandiose pronouncements. She claimed to have provided the “intellectual foundation” for the Occupy movement last year, but almost immediately backed off the remark, and has been slammed for her as-yet unsupported claims of Cherokee heritage and minority status in a professional listing.

Warren, despite being in a dead heat with DNC Chairman Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida for Most Staggeringly Stupid Democratess, is apprently also in a dead heat with Scott Brown in her senate race.  How?    Polls show about one-quarter of Obama supporters in Massachusetts are supporting Brown – the highest cross-over total seen in any competitive Senate race this cycle. Still, we are talking about an electorate who gave us a lifetime of Barney Frank and Ted Kennedy. 





5 comments:

Jess said...

If the energy producing states were smart, they'd turn the valves, shut off the trucks and watch these pinheads reach the point they beg for mercy.

Progressive bastards.

Anonymous said...

When I spent a few years in Taxachusetts as a youth, the only thing I got out of it was that stuff was expensive compared to LaGrange, IL. I remember my late Pa commenting on how auto insurance was stunningly more costly than IL. This being 50 years ago not much more stuck except I was ripped away from my freshman love, Lynn Parker {who, of course, didn't know I existed}when we moved back to the MidWest.
On to the topic, today I just do not understand people of that state that continue to vote such dullards as Kerry, Bawney, and the name escapes, but he's a congress critter from near Boston !always! spouting about AGW. When you hear a goofy idea, you look for his name and there it is.
Whyinhell do they continue to vote so short sightedly for such thugs?
I do remember the attitude that "this is mine, I've fished here for 40 years, and my dad before me and his too.." and they'll toss you off public fishing grounds because they 'own it'. Similar to the no-show job ratio on the Big Dig. {or the no-put glue on the tunnel roof causing it to fall crew}. There was one construction company in Springfield that built EVERY public works project. Wonder how they won the bid... not. I think the whole state is 'plugged in' and gets their living from those they 'know', so they have to vote that way.
tom

Jess said...

As a state, I wouldn't care if they ran around naked and buggered animals. As a constant drain on the United States taxpayer (i.e. Big Dig fiasco) they need to go away. Far away, like Venus.

Helly said...

"Every now and again,…"

Missing the meta message here, Rodge. Indians are great storytellers.

Anonymous said...

Indian giver.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.