Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Factchecking a Massive Liar

"If you're trying to change minds and influence people it's probably not a good idea to say that
virtually all elected Democrats are liars, but what  the hell." TRKOF&S


Fact Check: Obama Challenges Us to Look Up Romney’s Op-Ed, So I Do
Guess who was telling the truth?

Res Ipsa Loquitor

Here’s the transcript:

ROMNEY: I just want to take one of those points, again, attacking me as not talking about an agenda for — for getting more trade and opening up more jobs in this country. But the president mentioned the auto industry and that somehow I would be in favor of jobs being elsewhere. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I’m a son of Detroit. I was born in Detroit. My dad was head of a car company. I like American cars. And I would do nothing to hurt the U.S. auto industry. My plan to get the industry on its feet when it was in real trouble was not to start writing checks. It was President Bush that wrote the first checks. I disagree with that. I said they need — these companies need to go through a managed bankruptcy. And in that process, they can get government help and government guarantees, but they need to go through bankruptcy to get rid of excess cost and the debt burden that they’d — they’d built up. [Full inspection]

8 comments:

Jess said...

A manged bankruptcy wouldn't have allowed preferential treatment to union pensions, or any other political pal of the Obama Administration, therefore, they couldn't do what was right and honorable.

They may think they pulled a fast one, but it ain't over.

Anonymous said...

How long will it be before we see a picture of an empty chair with a bayonet stuck in it, and the secret service investigating it as a death threat to 0bamer while ignoring all the assasinate Romney tweets.

jim

Anonymous said...

Nah, he ("O") didn't post that. Yes he did.
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23debate&src=hash

olds-mo-william

I-RIGHT-I said...

That's right, Bush wrote the first checks. Thanks George, for everything, including Obama.

Anonymous said...

Most of my friends are old airline jockeys that have been screwed over by one airline or the other. They have all taken their turn. Its good enough for those who hold hundreds of lives in their hands every day, but not good enough for the guy that puts a nut on a bolt. These unions are relics of a time long gone by, this is their last stand.

Cheesy said...

All I know is I got fucked on Delphi stock - thanks to zero.

Anonymous said...

I got screwed on GM bonds because eaubeauzeau had to pat the union bosses on the butt.

Anonymous said...

GM has people on shut down production lines sitting around playing cards all day long because they can't have a lay-off while Obama is running around the country bragging about putting them back to work.

As soon as Obama loses the election GM will announce a massive lay off.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.