Thursday, December 06, 2012

Wanna Take a Bath?

   At The Cinema                           


You will want to take a bath


I hadn't heard of Louis C.K. before stumbling across him on NetFlix.  After watching episode one (the pilot) of LOUIE, I was ready to tell MoSup, hey, you'll like this.  I'm glad I waited.   Not until episode 9 was there was another that would not have sent her into anabolic-like shock. 

The format is Seinfeldy, a very dirty Seinfeld, where Louie, a stand-up comedian, lays the groundwork for the forthcoming episode in his opening monologue.  Louis C.K. says whatever is on his mind, and there are some very ..ermmm... robust and untraditional things up there. Stuff that might better be left un-uttered.  Ahem.

Anyway, I watch them like I would  a train-wreck.  Episode nineteen,  "Subway/Pamela," has the most romantic love scene of all time (IMO).  Single mom Pamela has a son who goes to school with divorced Louie's two daughters; he's smitten. It's PG, and there's some interesting NYC subway drama too.  MoSup would probably (albeit secretly)  like it too.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's been a secret pleasure of mine for years but man, the mouth on him is something else. He's a flaming REgressive, hates conservatives with a white hot passion-oh well.

I don't remember the numbers of the shows but did you see the one where it opens with him and his buds, 1 or 2 are gay, playing cards? OMGosh, the description of gay...ahem...get togethers and the need to wear shoes was pretty gross.

If you've got the stomach for it, google him and Palin-I'd give a dollar to have him rant like that in front of Todd.

Also google a bit he did on Letterman(?) about how today's youth aren't entitled to the great tech things all around. Fun-knee stuff

He's also got a couple recorded live performances on Netflix that are hilarious-he totally avoids politics.
MM

Anonymous said...

It was leno, and it is hilarious. "It has to go to SPACE...AND BACK...be PATIENT"

thoR~

vanderleun said...

Oh I don't know. I watched that and I just found it sort of grungy and mildly depressing..... like a lot of days and nights in NYC. Probably a reaction to all those years living there, but I found her quite unattractive. Too much like the hardened stifled crunts of failed females that overrun the place. And as for him, he's soul dead and sleepwalking in his character and, I suppose, in himself. The perfect man for this time.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Hey, tht's my sister!

Unknown said...

That's Pamela Aldon, smokey sexy voice. She was one of the stars on "Californication" and she was also in the re-make of Sgt. Bilko several years ago.

Steve in Greensboro said...

I heard V.I. Lenin did a really funny night club act. He worked clean too. Fun for the whole family.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.