Monday, January 14, 2013

Kings of Pastry

                   
                    

 
A bunch of MOFs


I'm throwing Kings of Pastry  out there because ~
  1. I probably felt more anxiety watching this competition than did  the pastry chefs competing in this cutthroat competition (held once every three years) to be acclaimed  a "Meilleur Ouvrier de France" (or M.O.F).
  2. I have neither the desire nor faculty to become a pastry chef, and I don't know why that is.  I can make cakes, but hate icing them. Do you know that I have never ever successfully  made candy?  Chocolate is more mysterious to me than a woman's bits. And not because I haven't spent 356 hours watching it done (chocolate) on the telly.
  3. Jacquy Pfeiffers girlfriend intrigues me for some reason.  .


2 comments:

drew458 said...

The best way to ice a cake is to freeze it first, then spread lukewarm icing on it. I used to work in a grocery store with a bakery, and that's how it was done.

Anonymous said...

One word: offset spatula [a slim knife with a bend in it]

More words: use real ingredients - not crisco-like substances

3~C

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.