Saturday, April 27, 2013

WORX



TECHNO THRILLS                               

Today's Stuff That Works
WORX JAWSAW
Res Ipsa Loquitor


This was a WOOT  earlier in the week, and it looked like it would fill a need since our last trimmer crapped out.  If you watch the demo, that in fact is how it worked yesterday when I followed MoSup around the yard while she pointed at stuff.  

Res Ipsa LoquitorIt was $119 delivered, including the optional *12' foot extender pole (which this guy is selling for $49.99).  That turned out to be something of a stretch, since I expected the pole was 12', but it was not.  The pole measures 62", and the base unit is 34 inches. Combined, that comes to 8 feet.  Where's my other 4 feet? 

 It turns out that it's a blessing.  The base unit, while not all that heavy, is about all you can handle when hanging off that extension.   Adding another 4 feet would, I imagine, yield an actual load of around 2000 pounds.  BTW, I will be sending this to the company.  Maybe they will, as an act of contrition, compensate me for my grief. 

Would I buy it again?  Yes.  Even with that extension.  BTW, it's extremely quiet.


*PS - It is entirely possible that I misread the Woot specs (the pole is no longer mentioned on the original spec sheet), but checking the  WORX site, they only claim 5', so what the hell.

*PPS - On second look, here's what the WOOT spec sheet said,
  • Cuts limbs up to 12 feet high; easy-to-use single-bolt Auto-Tension system
No effing way. I've been raped!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 12 feet includes your height.
Even the ladder vendors are including the users height (up to 5 feet).

ronbert

Rodger the Real King of France said...

sheesh

Cheesy said...

So a two foot ladder is now an 8 foot?
No doubt liberals had something to do with this.

Anonymous said...

"yeah baby, 12 inches"

--including my ass.

DougM said...

Nah,
that's not a tree saw.
This is a tree saw.

Juice said...

DougM,
That thing could be in a science fiction movie. Always amazed at man's ability to problem solve and create. Thanks mucho.

Anonymous said...

If I had such a tool, I would be forever trying to cut branches a little too big to fit inside the jaws. I'll stick with an ax or a chain saw, thank you.
GrinfilledCelt

Anonymous said...

Sue for false advertising!!!

Herve Villechaize

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.