Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Happy Pearl Harbor Day!

Sigh


   sigh
Res Ipsa Loquitor

Ron "I Metzger in St. Louis: sent me this.  I think I used it before, or at least saw it before, but is there a better Memorial Day picture?  I know, I'm a day late, but I'm engaged in some heavy lifting these days, and my  time isn't always my time (just like people who work).  Anyway, we could use more symbolic tribute like this considering some Drudge itemry I saw yesterday.

Happy Pearl Harbor Day Everybody!
The linked Raw Story's headline is  "Conservatives freak out over Lena Dunham’s peculiar Memorial Day tweet."  Interesting categorization wot, that suggests "non conservatives"  could care less, which I feel is certainly the case.  I don't have to say that Lena Dunham is not alone in her generation (Gen Y)  when it comes to being undereducated re: anything that happened before she was born, do I? Good.

And this corollary
Am I still the only person to think ending the universal draft was terrible, even disastrous  policy in the long term? 

And so what if there are no living veterans?  Duh.

 

1 comment:

Helly said...

Am I still the only person to think ending the universal draft was terrible, even disastrous policy in the long term?

Sadly, no. Shallow thinking is all too common. But only Commies think cheap help is any help at all. Mother taught me it was always most economical to pay for the best workmanship.

The only moral reason for deploying combat troops is to kill and destroy everything in sight. Drafted soldiers simply won't do the job. You need Vermonters.

Did you know our state motto is: Need somethin blowdup? Maybe they've changed it. I've been gone for a while.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.