Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Lost her job and is sorry

Mea Maxima Culpa 
I see a recidivist




When voters fired her boss in the 2010 elections, she had to get another job and that meant she had to shop for health care, too. Three years ago, she got a plan that cost $225 a month with a $2,500 deductible. But then her health care company sent a letter a few weeks ago.

“Blue Cross,” she said, “stated my current coverage would expire on Dec. 31, and here are my options: I can have a plan with similar benefits for $647.12 [or] I can have a plan with similar [but higher] pricing for $322.32 but with a $6,500 deductible.”

She went on, “Blue Cross also tells me that if I don’t pick one of the options, they will just assume I want the one for $647. … Someone please tell me why my premium in January will be $356 more than in December?” …

“And I was excited that previously uninsured people could now get insurance on the open market. But this is not affordable to me.”

First, I am not invoking any  schadenfreude here; I feel sorry for her plight.  But, JFC!— why is she now (too late) sorry for her role in getting it passed?  Because SHE lost her job; because SHE will pay through the noseif she can afford itfor less coverage than she had before.  I don't hear her apologizing to the millionsyes millionswho have lost, or will lose their full time employment because of Obamacare.  She's just another kind hearted person who thought she,  and Liberals like her, have a responsibility to make me do what's best for me.  Because I am  just too selfish,  and too short-sighted to do what's right.  I would not bet that she's learned that lesson.  I see a recidivist.
  • Road to hell. 
  • Paved. 
  • Good intenentions. 
  • Stupid people.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What she thought was that as someone connected to a Congresscreep, she'd be protected from any adverse fallout of anything Congress passed. Yannow, like Congresscreeps and their staffs being exempt from SEC insider trading rules.
She turned on her selective arithmetic and ignored that adding 30 million people to Federal medical insurance rolls plus a massive bureaucracy to mismanage it would somehow lower premiums $2,500 per head, and felt righteous that billionaires and millionaires would finally pay their fair share and cover the rest. And if "the rich" (middle class) taxpayers had to forgo some tax deductions or pay a fine it would be OK because it was for the children.
Fuck her up the ass with the entire printed version of the law.
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick

Steve in Greensboro said...

My hope is that Obamacare cripples the Statists for a generation or two by forcing Americans to experience today (and on an ongoing basis until repeal) the horrible effects of Statist policies in their own lives. It is meaningful when a true believer like this goes public.

Twenty years from now, we will still be saying "You want the government to do what? Don't you remember Obamacare? Listen, there is no problem so bad that the government can't make it worse."

ostinato said...

First under the bus are the dumbshits, because no one will miss them.

Anonymous said...

This is the first {that I can think of} example of bringing the 'future' back to the present. The 'literati' that know what is best for the rest of us have finally seen, up close and personal, what the un-encumbered, Vitamin-Fed, Organically grown government can do to you when it is fully unleashed.
That was not expected to happen just yet, so the 'future' has been brought to the present a lot sooner. They are seeing, feeling and experiencing what will happen when the ponderous brute they have created starts to move, and rolls over them without mercy, but also without feeling. It is just a huge machine, un-knowing, un-feeling, impersonal and unable to learn from experience. It will go on until it cannot. People will be squished by the mammoth, and they are going to see it up close right now. {well, in January, maybe} This is just the first tingling of an electroshock coming to millions of people.
tomw

rickn8or said...

Maybe you won't invoke any schadenfreude here, but I will:

“Blue Cross also tells me that if I don’t pick one of the options, they will just assume I want the one for $647. … Someone please tell me why my premium in January will be $356 more than in December?” …

Because your boss and people like him decided to ram faulty legislation up the ass of the American people, and just couldn't resist tampering with a system that worked fairly well, in spite of previous governmental tamperings.

“And I was excited that previously uninsured people could now get insurance on the open market. But this is not affordable to me.”

Where did you think all the money to pay for the uninsured people was gonna come from, you arithmetically-challenged drone?


Anonymous said...

Her Blue Cross insurance was cancelled?

Must be one of those sub-standard, "Acme" insrance policies Prez Obama has been warnig us about.

She should be kissing Obama's ass as thanks to HIM for saving her from being ripped off any longer by this purveyor of phony insurance plans.

Anonymous said...

Possibly the only enjoyment in coming years will come from watching the Obama faithful be consumed by the monster they created. I do solemnly swear I will show no empathy or sympathy for any O'supporter as they are slid down THEIR slippery slope. No one is too good to sleep in the bed they made for all of us.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.