Saturday, January 18, 2014

Bill Murray Stories




Bill Murray Stories
"Nobody's going to believe you"




The night of the show arrived and we stopped to grab a bite to eat at a deli before making it over to the concert. As we sat eating pastrami on ryes and chit chatting, a guy came walking into the restaurant, went behind the counter, and made himself a soft drink. An employee confronted the man, which caused us to look up and take notice that it was Bill Fucking Murray.

Upon realizing that he was there, my ex grabbed my phone and started to snap a picture. As quickly as she put the phone up, he approached and grabbed the phone, snapping it closed. He then put the phone down on the table, grabbed a bottle of mustard, opened it, and squeezed what was left onto my ex’s sandwich. We practically burst into tears; we were dying with laughter. He began to walk away, quietly saying, “No one will ever believe you“, as he threw a $20 bill on the table.  [Bill Murray Stories]

Compare him with, say, Chevy Chase.  I don't know what Murray's politics are, which of course translates into he's not the typical Hollywood Liberal assface.   My favorite Murray movieGroundhog Day.





8 comments:

Helly said...

OMG, you're supposed to give a 20? I only toss out fives.

Sry for the absenteeism, Rodge. It's the Polar Vortex Encoldening. Apple's 27 inch cinema display doesn't put out enough heat, so I've been baking.

Snackeater said...

Have seen him quite a few times at Cubs games and said hi a couple times (he just kind of looks at you but never responds). Favorite movie is Stripes.

Anonymous said...


He owns a Minor League Baseball Team in town [actually owns a few of them around the country]. He shows up at games a few times a year and puts the crowd in stitches. You never know what he is going to pull.

Geo

iri said...

I like him best in his cameo role in Zombieland. In the movie he was joking around with some zombie hunters made up to look like a zombie and they shot him dead. "You just killed f'ing Bill Murray!" Groundhog day was his best effort though.

Mike C said...

I'll say my favorite role was him in "The Razor's Edge". While I saw the movie after I read the book and found the production not true enough to the book (how could it not be), it was really good and captured to spirit of the thing. If you haven't seen it, you gotta add it to your list - which i'm sure due to Rodger's meddling is already way too long for most of us...

As for his politics - well, there is this Clinton thing but that was a long time ago and I am pretty sure I didn't see it so I can't judge.

Anonymous said...

Bill was 100% right in his Saturday Night Live monologue years ago when he said most people don't think he's funny. That's because he's not.

leelu said...

Mike C,
I read the book after seeing the movie. IIRC, his character was almost tangential to the novel. That said, it is one of my all-time favorites.

Safety tip - make sure you DON'T get the 1930's version - all talking heads, and nothing interesting (same basic story as Murray's version).

Anonymous said...

Caught Murray's version of The Razor's Edge on tv one Saturday after football season. Bought the DVD immediately. His best work... Lost in Translation. I feel sorry for those who can't see beyond his comedy. He's an uglier UTD Cary Grant.

Casca

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.