Sunday, January 26, 2014

On the Ball




FLOATERS




In a cosmic instance of "How did he know?" cosmication, cuzzin ricky sent me this Those Maddening Eyeball Floaters! video.  Last Fri I had a pre-op (cataract; left eye), and a checkup on the just completed right eye.  I had but one question.  When I rotate my eyeball l-r, or up-down, I will often see a blurry ball pass by.  The Optho answered pretty much the same way as the Science Guy does above.  He did add that it could calm down in a week, a month , or maybe never. It's a natural symptom of moving into Obamacare death panel territory. 






4 comments:

toadold said...

I had a "hard" cataract replaced last Thursday. The Doc says it will take about a month for the swelling and adapting of the eye to settle down and make it worth my while to get new glasses. The prescription lens in my glasses was too strong so on the Doctors advise I had the old lens replaced with a blank lens. I had that cataract for so long my brain had kind of given up using it so I've got double vision. I am tickled to have peripheral vision mow and despite the occasional double vision I've got depth perception and better balance. My local Sam's optical was a disappointment, the twinky in charge wanted me to get a prescription for a blank. I left with intemperate words and went to a hole in the wall in the mall and got the blank put in, in about 20 minutes. I don't know if Sam's Optical has some weird internal policy or the Optical department manager has a case brain damage.

MAX Redline said...

Kids almost never get "floaters"; it happens when bits of vitrious break out and float around inside your eyeball. When light hits them, they cast a shadow on the retina.

That generally starts happening around the time we're programmed to die anyway - age 40.

iri said...

"programmed to die anyway - age 40."

Ouch. Is that the new Obamacare programming?

Merrily said...

Make sure they know your retinas are firmly in place. If you should see a quarter-round of darkness in your vision or a green bubble, get to your ophtho, it's only going to get worse.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.