Monday, February 10, 2014

Beretta Bolts Maryland








BERETTA: Maryland Disrespects Us & Gun Owners So We Expand In Tennessee



SCROLL
We chose Tennessee for our new facility expansion. Our plans for that location are extensive and long-lasting.

We chose Tennessee because the governor and legislators in that state understand what it means to support businesses (such as through job recruitment and training programs) that improve employment in the state without treating companies as a necessary evil.

We chose Tennessee also because the vast majority of its residents and their elected officials have shown that they respect and honor the American tradition of personal freedoms, including the right to bear arms.

Ugo Gussalli Beretta is CEO and president of Beretta Holding S.p.A.


Senate Minority Leader E.J. Pipkin (R-Cecil)  said, “The fact is the Firearm Safety Act of 2013 provides no safety. It says, if you own guns, we’re coming for you. That’s the message.”
Clap Calp Clap

Given MD's longstanding anti-business, not to mention anti-gun bia, I never understood why Beretta chose PG County to begin with,  just as I can't figure out why Amazon is building a huge fulfillment complex in Maryland.  

See also Goodbye Maryland, Beretta Says It's Opening a Factory In A Freer State








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Vir5ginia elected a wonderful batch of anti gunners & themselves out of the running...
RAK

Snackeater said...

What amazes me is the number of firearms manufacturers that are still in Illinois: Armalite, D.S. Arms, Rock River Arms, Springfield Armory, Les Baer, White Oak Armament, to named a few.

And I think the most effective thing a manufacturer can do is to refuse to sell to anyone in states with restrictive laws. People would move in that case.

Anonymous said...

Snackeater, I don't agree. By all means, gunmakers should refuse to sell to the STATES which have onerous gun laws -- i.e., to the state apparatus like police -- but if they refuse to sell to the people of those states, the gunmakers are just helping the anti-gun legislators keep guns out of the hands of the population.

BTW, Les Baer has moved across the Mississippi River to Iowa. But I agree with your central premise. Why DSArms, which makes magnificent assault rifles, would want to stay in Illinois is just beyond me.

Kim

molonlabe28 said...

Snackeater -

I think that moving from anti-gun states to Free States is the best thing the manufacturers can do.

Let the local anti-guy pols explain how converting vacated firearms manufacturing concerns into Mexican flea markets is really good for the economy.

But I agree that it is shocking that any manufacturers (of any type, including gun makers) remain in Illinois.

I was born there 57 years ago, but I only spent a few years of my life there.

And now, even though its subjects can now get carry permits, my out-of-state one is not valid there.

Snackeater said...

Kim--I would hope that by not selling to anyone in those states (especially the police), the public outcry would be so great that the government would either have to reverse course or would be voted out of office.

During the time I lived there (ugh), Midway refused to sell ammo to Illinois residents. And every time I saw a good deal at Midway, I'd get so angry I'd write another letter to my congressman.

Course, it apparently didn't have any effect...maybe you're right.

Benji40 said...

Beretta is gonna be shocked at how pro-gun this state really is. When some of the state legislators last started to make gun control noises we voted them all out. That and talk of a state income tax will get a politician lynched around here.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.