Tuesday, May 20, 2014

duToit the Author


art is everywhere



A future book?

I  read Kim duToit's Vienna Days and Family Fortunes some years ago, and just ran across them on the bookshelf.  Made me wonder whether he'd written any more, and lo! Yes. Two.  Prime Target, and  Creative License.  He's a skilled writer, as most of you know, and has a James Michener-like appreciation for detail which I love.  At this stage, if I'm honest, I don't remember many details of either book previous book, but then I quite often forget my gym locker combination too.  I do remember that both were my summer vacation book, in successive years, and I read them straight through.  Now that I'm in my dotage, I can probably read them again.   Dotage has advantages. 

5 comments:

toadold said...

One problem with my dotage is that I've lost the IQ to appreciate good writing. I go for pot boiler genre, "bubble gum for the mind" kind of writing. Hence I don't review books on Amazon, and a lot of good books I won't even start these days. That being said Kim does a good book. Besides good research he has a wealth of been there and done that to fall back on.

Anonymous said...

i want more porking

toadold said...

There are more porking sites on the Web than you can shake a uhm... nevermind.

toadold said...

Negligent Discharge in New Jersey

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/05/20/camden-county-officer-removed-from-duty-for-alleged-lewd-act-in-starbucks/

Anonymous said...

Thankee, Rodge. The latest, "Skeleton Coast" is at the Editor's at the moment, for a late June pub date. Expect a sorta-sequel to "Prime Target" later in the year.

Gotta do something, seeing as I can't find a job in Obama's economic disaster, errrr I mean miracle.

Kim

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.