Friday, May 02, 2014

Mystery Viet Nam Memorial

Somewhere in Colorado
Once the military.com site opens, it takes a few seconds for the video to automatically start. This is from some dirt bikers along the continental divide near Gunnison, Colorado, where I'm not sure, who stumble upon a Vietnam memorial in the woods. Whoever did it, put a lot of money into it. Spooky, to say the least.

Interesting, I never was aware of it's existence. Who ever caused it to be there is a true patriot. As usual the government is non committal at best over it.....some vets must be aware of it as I saw numerous 7.62x51 and 30.06 rounds on one of the ledges between the stones.
 Hope you can open this and view it at full screen quite interesting to say the least as to the location and how  did it get there. My Vietnamese is very rusty, not to say it was very good to start with.
(This is what is referenced in the note.) Google Map Loc
 
 Aside:  I lost who sent this, but it was prefaced with something like "I almost jumped out of my skin when I saw this."   Me too. 
 iPAD

5 comments:

skidmark said...

To whoever built that: Thank you.

One more making sure "
Lest we forget" does not happen.

stay safe.

skidmark

Daniel K Day said...

Emailed this out. Thank you, to you, Rodger, and to whoever built this.

Anonymous said...

Well (shuffles toes in dirt) I sent it in, but the folks who built this, my God the level of committment.

I had to wonder about the placement of the auxiliary stones: Random scattering? A map of some sort? Representative of locations of incidents, or casualties?

It is well and truely amazing.

Sir H

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Yes, Sir H! Sorry for the dropped props.

Anonymous said...

The last stone: Luke 19:40
King James Version (KJV)
40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

From my ever so humble opinion, we held our peace and the stones have cried out..with force.

thoR~!

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.