Sunday, May 25, 2014

Why MS CHEATS?

    Must Eat Brains                     



HEARTS OF DARKNESS




Putting 2+2 together I've come up with a theory about why Microsoft, who have included in every Windows version until Windows 8, a game of Hearts that increasingly ignores the rules.  More to the point, why at some point, around Windows 5, did the game increasingly cheat until now, with Window's  7, it's a joke.  And even more to the point, why am I and others still playing it?

 My hypothesis is that the Feds, maybe the NSA, maybe the FBI, or even the DNC, payed Bill Gates to use it as a behavioral study with the aim of seeing how players react after long periods of abuse.  Do they quit at first insult, or even notice the renege? Do they return?  How often? The data are uploaded with every Windows update; compiled,  and algorithms are developed that will quickly identify IQ, patience, docility, and of course the player's identity.  For what?  For the purpose of finding tomorrow's useful idiots, and likely stimuli to keep them happy and functional until they are no longer needed. 


I know what you're thinking, but no.  I've kept at it as part of my doctoral thesis (if I ever need one) on how our culture is now so rancidly immoral that even card cheating is accepted; its causes, and future ramifications.    


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Minesweeper. It's as addicting as crack.
Tim

emdfl said...

Damn, and I thought I was seeing things when the trick went where it shouldn't.

drew458 said...

Oh you think this is bad? Ha!

The new version of FreeCell ... you can't lose at it. Can't. Lose. I'm at 100% win, for 13503 games.

The old game let you back out 1 move. The new version lets you back out all the way to the beginning. Worse, even if you do actually lose, it prompts you to back up and try again.

It's still addictive, and really simple. But the challenge is gone. Also, I understand they removed the impossible games from the mix.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.