Monday, July 07, 2014

Jimmy Played That





   Cobbled



All hail the RKOF :-)To take this off of your blog page, I will gladly assist via email, should you find that convenient. Least I can do to repay you for Ivet Lalova.
--Jimmy don\'t play that


I accepted likkety-split, and 12 hours of stuff like this ensued via e-mail.

trkof@trkof-p7-1205 ~ $ mount
/dev/mapper/mint--vg-root on / type ext4 (rw,errors=remount-ro)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
none on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (rw)
none on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw)
none on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw)
none on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw)
none on /sys/firmware/efi/efivars type efivarfs (rw)
udev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,mode=0755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,noexec,nosuid,gid=5,mode=0620)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,size=10%,mode=0755)
none on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,size=5242880)
none on /run/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
none on /run/user type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,size=104857600,mode=0755)
none on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw)
/dev/sda2 on /boot type ext2 (rw)
/dev/sda1 on /boot/efi type vfat (rw)
binfmt_misc on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
systemd on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,none,name=systemd)
gvfsd-fuse on /run/user/1000/gvfs type fuse.gvfsd-fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,user=trkof)
/dev/sr0 on /media/trkof/VRMSP_EN type iso9660 (ro,nosuid,nodev,uid=1000,gid=1000,iocharset=utf8,mode=0400,dmode=0500,uhelper=udisks2)
/dev/sdf2 on /media/trkof/d5cee394-9e36-45fc-b0d1-e1aae1c8fdeb type ext2 (rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=udisks2)
trkof@trkof-p7-1205 ~ $

etc ....


In the end it appears that, somehow, the partition holding Windows 7 had been encrypted and without that PW only NSA are able to unleash it ... which they prolly already have,  Ahem. 

At any rate I am now running Windows XP and a massive 60GB slow as hell computer that I passed on to MoSup years ago.  But, it keeps me off the streets.  Thank you all who kindly offered solutions, and especially Jimmy who took the bull by the horns, and made hay while the sun shone, so to speak.  Now, back to bashing the Evil Empire.


6 comments:

Merrily said...

It's a God thing!
I've been off in CO visiting my son, DIL, and baby bump. This is a much better outcome than I feared. Carry on, RKOF!

gadfly said...

Not that I make claim to always understand our gentle host, I must admit that I am totally perplexed at the small value placed upon the personal time put in by computer techies in general.

The Seagate TB external drive can be had for just over a hundred dollars and another copy of Windows 7 (if you don't have the disk) can be had for another $100. Amazon will gladly sell them to you.

So for $200, you can trash the trashed drive, reload Windows 7 and take a nap. What am I missing?

Then you can spend the remaining 10 hours hunting down the the backdoor into Bitcoin's security.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

What you're missing is that in just a few days I lost both my Windows 7 drive and my Backup drive (completely trashed). In other words, I lost a lot of stuff that Amazon doesn't sell. I was desperate to recover that data. Now l'm in stage 5, Acceptance.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Oh, and I only want Windows to run in a virtual Linux box. It could be Windows 95 for all I care.

Anonymous said...

Nice looking rig. The cup holders are too close together to use both at once, though. Thanks for the hat tip - I'm almost done with getting the hay in!
--Jimmy don\'t play that

Rodger the Real King of France said...

The last straw?

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.