Monday, January 05, 2015

Plagues


 





FLU. COLD. BLACK PLAGUE.



This recent bout with the cold/flu/black plague was largely self inflicted.  We urged daughter to let grandgirl stay with us over the New Year period even though she had a very nasty cough (later diagnosed strep).  And she was sick, especially at night, so MoSup was ready, and me too.  Exacerbating the situation was having new windows put in the day after New Year.  Took six hours and the temps were high 30ºs.  But that's not what I'm wanting to say, which is how fkng stupid am I

How many times have I extolled the virtues of the "Nature's Flu Shot?" Forgot about it completely until yesterday I got the sore throat and could scarcely swallow.  Fortunately I had pineapple juice and was able to make a batch pdq.  Slept about 20 hours yesterday, waking only for the necessaries and drinking a glass of this stuff.  Still have a bit of a sore throat, but much better, thank you. Make note. It works. (Girls will whine and cry that it doesn't taste good, so there is that).



3 comments:

Tom Smith said...

Honey and cinnamon was what I heard but thats good to take when yer well too.

Anonymous said...

Uh, excuse me, since there is no booze, I'm throwing the bullshit flag. Use plenty of mixer.

Casca

Anonymous said...

*urp* Think I'll stick with the 10 grams of Vitamin C / day. tkx.

A. Guurl.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.