Sunday, January 15, 2006

Google thinks we are into 'Anti-Muslim Politics.'

Today's trifle blown into a big deal

The Prejudice Map According to Google, people in the world are known for...

I ran across this "Prejudice Map" last night, and while it elicits about a 2 on the interest meter, I did wonder about  the "anti Muslim politics" thing.  Like, what would  they be?   Hell, the first thing the President of the United States did after Muslims declared war on us was run to a mosque. Congress, and our media, are dominated by concern over  "how can we make life more pleasant for Muslims we caught trying to kill us?".  I back-tracked to its source.
My name’s Philipp Lenssen and I’m from Germany ... Google Blogoscoped is an official source in Google News and a Technorati 100 blog. -  Who Me
Had Herr Lenssen substituted "anti-Islamist gut feelings" for "anti-Muslim politics,"  I wouldn't quibble.  A lot us think that Islamism is antithetical  to democracy, and others don't think at all.   I haven't yet looked at how The Prejudice Map blurbs Germans, so let me offer my own thumb-nail before looking.
-regimented
-like beer
-like authority
-like kinky sex involving leather
Okay, let's check ...


Hey, I was close.  One more thing, Herr Lenssen.  If I profiled Google, I would use words like:
-brilliant
-run by political leftists not above manipulating information
-potentially quite dangerous
-like kinky sex involving leather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.