Friday, February 24, 2006

Cold Heat

Stuff that works (some of it anyway)
I'm sure most of you have seen the television commercial. for the ''Cold Heat''  soldering pen.  Battery operated, it ''heats instantly, and cools instantly,'' goes the sales pitch.  I purchased one from BJ's while Christmas shopping , but am just now reminded of it by another story (that I'll get to in a moment).

I paid about $17.95 for it, and got the bonus wire stripper too. The Cold Heat included solder, and a battery.
Here I try to solder two speaker wires together, and though I got a lot of smoke, it didn't fuse.  When I first  tried it back in December, it did  work, but not without considerable effort.  I think it's best suited to doing small connections on a printed circuit board. BTW, it does cool almost instantly. How does it know?
What did work magnificently is the throw-in wire stripper.  Insert  as many wires, of any size, as you want into the jaws, and squeeze. In a heartbeat they are stripped.  I would gladly have paid the $18 for that device alone.

But there' s more.  I now have hope of becoming a respected professional mohel, even though I'm not Jewish. 
This story got my juices going.  It occurred to me that my handy dandy wire stripper might serve admirably as a circumcision tool.  Of course I need a test subject, and have written the mother in this case, and offered my services.  I haven't heard back yet, but am hopeful.  Anyone out there need a clipping? 

5 comments:

BlogDog said...

That would be "mohel," boychik.

Anonymous said...

I suppose the curtain in front of the kid is REALLY to keep him from watching his diamond being set. It CAN'T be a sterile field, though it should be...a WTF moment truely. Apart from the rubber gloves, nobody gives a rats ass the kids cock gets infected and drops off. Islamists would NEVER do this. They're dickless!

Anonymous said...

Pronounced "moyel". My wire stripper broke. Don't try it on thick wires or thick putzes. The cold heat works on wires less than .00000000000165" thick, I think.

Anonymous said...

Bought one too.

In this case Cold Heat is not an oxymoron. I'm the moron for buying the info-mercial.

Anonymous said...

circumcision tool!

this post has actually made my friday, and that is a pretty weak sign of my pathetic existence...

but still, Rodge rocks...

classic...

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.