Wednesday, July 12, 2006

E-Mail farts

Keeping up with technology
I have my Windows update set to "notify me when updates are available.'' Yesterday the pop-up listed 4 updates, and I said, sure. Around the same time my E-mail monitor had a brain fart and sent about 30-50 E-mails that I thought were sent in May, but were not. As a consequence I began getting all these strange replies. Strange, that is, until I figured out what had happened. At the same time, a few programs, like Pop Popper (the E-mail interceptor I referred to) began notifying me of new mail, and generally behaving like it ought to have been from the beginning, but hadn't. Other stuff seems to have been resolved too. My guess is that whatever was in those updates cured a lot of disease. Anyway, that's why you didn't get the response you expected until yesterday, if you got it at all. I can't keep up with this crap.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate those guys, they make women afraid to wear skirts. Then I don't get to look up them.

Anonymous said...

Haha! I wondered why it took you so damn long to read my email from May! I couldn't remember if you had answered it before or not which should tell you well my memory is.
TFV

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Is it (RSS Feed)? It wasn't before??

Anonymous said...

Why I love Windows and Bill, because of this crap from the EU:

EU regulators fined Microsoft $358.3 million in the bloc's first financial penalty against a firm for defying antitrust orders, vowing to impose higher penalties if Microsoft doesn't comply with a 2004 order. Microsoft plans to appeal the new fine.

Anonymous said...

If you look up the word "incessant," there's a picture of Windows sucking.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.