Sunday, August 13, 2006

Three Muzzos arrested

The perfect alibi - if you're an OJ juror.
  Three Texans have been arrested in Michigan on terrorism charges. 

Police found about 1,000 cell phones in the men's minivan. Authorities have not said what they believe the men intended to do with the phones, most of which were prepaid TracFones. But the police chief in Caro, Mich., where they were arrested, said cell phones can be used as detonators, and prosecutors in a similar case in Ohio have said that TracFones are often used by terrorists because they are not traceable.

[The wife of one] said the men were buying the phones to sell to a man in Dallas for a profit of about $5 per phone. She said they were in Michigan because so many people in the Dallas area are doing the same thing that the phones are often sold out. Terror suspects not guilty, wife says - Yahoo! News


That's how I'd do it.  Buy 1000 prepaid cell phones in Texas, transport them all the way to Michigan (which happens to be home to one of our largest  Muslim populations), and hope to make $5/phone profit.  Makes perfect sense, don't it?  Oh, the Texan's names? Louai Abdelhamied OthmanAdham Abdelhamid Othman, and  Maruan Awad Muhareb

But than again, it might make sense if it was the other way around, and I was confused by an overdose of morning scotch. I know, I'll get a job wih the Los Angeles Times! Yeah, that's it.

9 comments:

Forceleader999 said...

Actually, as I understand it, the idea was to travel to Michigan, buy 1,000 phones, drive back to Dallas, and sell the phones at a $5 per unit profit.

Even at todays gas prices, that does make sense. Just think of it as a road trip with benefits.

Even more so if you use a small percentage of those profits to buy some goodwill at a strip club along the way.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

I was testing you guys to see if you were paying attention. :D - This is no excuse, but the radio news guy reported the facts the way I presented them. I Googled the story, saw ''Texas,'' ''cell phoes,'' and .. FMITA.

Anonymous said...

it is $30 for the minutes, which can be used on any tracfone account, $5 for the phone, $15 for the battery and about $5 for the charger. $55 gross minus $20 plus tax and gas. they are probably making $15 per handset and it is legal.

With enough money you can buy a company and break it up selling each parts for more than puchase price. There is nothing different here.

I think the prosecuter needs to check with Ebay he can find hundreds of college kids doing the exact same thing. if you read the rticles the FBI has left the local prosecuter alone on this for good reason.

Anonymous said...

It is not legal if they can prove that these guys were selling to a terrorist supporter who then gets them out of the country to terrorist.

Anonymous said...

While it seems believable that they are selling the phones in pieces (I read that when the Ohio guys were pulled over there were three separate boxes, one with the phones, one with the batteries and one with the chargers), I have to wonder who would buy them? Why pay more for all three when you can walk into any Walmart and buy the whole package for less? I suppose there must be people who only want one part as opposed the whole thing, but still - who buys stuff like that from some guy out of the back of a car?

Are there really that many fools out there?

Rodger the Real King of France said...

After careful consideration, I found them guilty and hanged them. That's that.

Josh Fahrni-Barn Army Dog Catcher said...

Don't sweat it Rodge. We know the Radio gets it wrong 9 time out of 10. I once robbed a store, and they said I used ROPE? WTF? GTFO! Duct Tape all the way.

All kidding aside, it physically hurts me to see when there's some kind of terrorism BS in Texas. This is such an amazing, patriotic place, and I guess I can see why they'd target it...But damn. I've come to decide that this is my home, and so help me, if it gets hit, I'm joining the Marine next year.

Heheh.

Josh Fahrni-Barn Army Dog Catcher said...

-A little note on the grammar in the above post. I spilled liberal blood on my S key, and have to hit it double hard for it to work.

Johua

(kidding)

Anonymous said...

Liberal blood? OMG you may as well just replace the whole key board. You'll never be able to type a sensible post again with that one.
TFV

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.