Sunday, March 11, 2007

College Hoops

The Good

and the Bad ...


I was so excited about the NCAA bracket selections that I forgot about them.  Hucker called me. Terps got a 4 seed, which surprised me, I figured a 5, maybe even a six.  I love their bracket.  They will in all likelihood have to beat Florida to get the the final 8, but they can do it if they're on their game.

I had to say all those positive things first so I don't sound like Mr. Negative now.  What made me happiest is that UConn is out!  There is only one college coach, in any sport, that I despise, and that man is the lying cheat Jim Calhoun. 

I'm glad we didn't get Rudy Gay, because he showed a distinct lack of character during  his recruitment.  He tried to hold up Gary Williams, who passed.  Calhoun found a way to meet Rudy's terms.  Funny thing is, Calhoun has the habit of blaming his players for losses, and Rudy Gay has received more than his share of being scape goated by Calhoun.  So, here's to you Coach Calhoun.  Nya nya nya.



If you are a Terps fan, this is the best venue in town.
Turtle Soup is the best blog.
Terp Talk is a close 2nd.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to the good folk at the U of M. The Buckeyes have to get past Memphis and Texas, doesn't look all that hard.

Meet you in the final 4 there Rodg.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Rodge!
No Pokes, but they didn't need to be there anyway :-(
I'll be cheerin' from here!
~merrily

Anonymous said...

Occurs to me that all wannabe citizens should be able to define "buckeye" and "terrapin". Alternative could be "bukake".

Help me out here Rodg, what's a Terp?

Forceleader999 said...

Are you discussing water polo again, Rodg?

BlogDog said...

Terp: short for terrapin. Maryland's amphibial mascot. And on the cover of a fantastic Grateful Dead album.

I believe the Md. Terp is named Testudo.

Now, if anyone can name the Michelin man without having to use Google, I'll be impressed.

Anonymous said...

Hey the Vols is having a great basketball season for us we will be in there somewhere might even make the sweet 16.

Anonymous said...

What? You hate Jim Calhoun more than Coach K? UConn more than Duke?

Personally after the ACC I was rooting for NC State. They played with alot of heart and were fun to watch.

TFV

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Very good Blogdog, you have the heart of a turtle!

T - after MD lost again to that crappy Miami team I decided to take a week off. Had I known State was playing the Heels, I'da prayed for them.

And, yes, I despise Calhoun. Coach K may be a lot of things, but I don't think he buys players.

Anonymous said...

OSU USO OSU

Casca

BlogDog said...

Rodger,
I'm a Duke grad but I'm so PO'd at "my" university for what's been done to the LAX team that I can't see straight. Also, the very violent, hugely unnecessary foul that Gerald Henderson put on Tyler Hansborough pissed me off even more. Utterly classless. He could have ended a career with that BS.
I'm *not* supporting Duke in any sport except LAX from now on.
Which is a little sad as Coach K has more class than his team now.

And I can't even root for my law school school now that GMU isn't in the mix.

Anonymous said...

Nc State sure did play with a lot of heart. Ben McCauly grew up 2 blocks from my house and I watched him play all through high school. Great kid...great family.
Always liked the Terps and wish them well.
The alma mater is Pitt so I'll have to pull for them, especially when they meet Duke in the second round and Ben Howland's UCLA in the third, unless they play like they did against Georgetown.
I love this time of year. Good luck to you all.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.