Sunday, August 05, 2007

Film Review

  The Simpsons Movie

Me and the  MoSup went to the movies today for the first time since ... I really can't remember.  Saw The Simpson.  Brought home a few preview shots.  All the grand reviews MoSup has been telling me about are from the morning alphabet-net shows.  "Don't bother buying popcorn because you'll be laughing non-stop, and won't have time to eat it."  That was from the Today Show, I think. 

After seeing the Simpson Movie we both agreed - none of these people watch the television show.  Don't get me wrong, it's a good movie, but it's a 90 minute Sunday night.  There is but one profanity, and that (G-D) comes from an unlikely source, and punctuates the moment appropriately, IMO.  Of course, your girls will see Bart's Doodle, which I understand is all the talk in the elementary schools.  I tensed up a little at what appeared to be a plot written to please Goreons, but .. well, you watch it,and decide for yourself.  (1½ BOOGERS)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It probably was... The only conservative on the entire staff is Nancy Cartwright. Anyways, my interest in the show, as well as American Dad and Family Guy because of their blatant leftism.

But I'm starting to wonder if it's a ploy of the left, to make us Anti-Goreons reduce our "carbon emissions" by getting rid of our tv's and radios.

Linda Sue O'Grady said...

Gah! Six minutes of my life... gone... and I'll never ever get them back.

What a waste!

Rodger the Real King of France said...

The 'voices' don't write the script. You see Family Guy as blatantly leftist. I'm witching right new. here's the dialog just past.

(Bill Clinton and Peter are doing phone pranks.)

Clinton: "Hello, is this Linda Tripp?

"Why'd you talk you dirty bitch, I hope you die!"

Peter: "That wasn't funny; it was just mean."

Rodger the Real King of France said...

You can't fool me Linda. We found pee stains of your seat!

(and popcorn all over my rug. not that I mind.)

Anonymous said...

Rodge:

Don't be fooled by Family Guy. That dialogue is there just to make conservatives look bad.

Emerson

Rodger the Real King of France said...

.
If so, they succeeded as spectacularly as Norman Lear did in his attempt to use Archie Bunker as the laughingstock conservative in "All in the Family." Instead, America loved him, and hated Lear's intended hero, Meathead.
.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.