Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Fred moves

Woot-Woo




Late-Breaking Surge for Thompson  

The latest news from Iowa? According to Zogby’s latest—and I quote: “Sen. Fred Thompson…has seen a late-breaking surge.” (Rich notes the same poll below.)

What’s going on here? My guess is that there are whole lot of Iowa Republicans who have about the same attitude that David Limbaugh displayed in his column yesterday: (The Corner continued)

When Zogby doesn't yield to his leftist sympathies he's got a decent prognosticating record -- and besides, this only makes sense.  Woot-woo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippity-dippity do! I've been holding my breath in cautious optimism not daring to get my hopes up too much. When it is all said and done, how can anyone call themself a conservative and not support Fred???

I keep looking at all the others and always come back to Fred! -- there just isn't anyone else. Duncan might have been nice but what whatever reason-- he didn't get traction- and besides when I heard him speak I didn't want to yell ' HELL YES!!!' like I did with Fred!

TFV

Anonymous said...

GO FRED!

Timbeaux said...

I agree with Rich, just a third place showing in Iowa would be huge. Huckabee is the next Dean and will fall flat on his kiester pretty soon. But by staying unexpectedly healthy in the early race, Fred will grab a lot of attention as he rolls into the South. I had been tepidly supporting Romney as the least bad choice, by whisker over Guiliani, and had practically considered Fred an also ran, but this is very welcome news. This strong showing changes everything on the Republican side. Caught the pollsters with their pants down too, and that's always a good thing!

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.