Thursday, March 06, 2008

Mrs. Hussein Speaking

The Other Obama



The New Yorker profiles Mrs. B. Hussein Obama, "The Other Obama, Michelle Obama and the politics of candor."  I scanned the ten page article and snagged just a few of the morsels offered.  The piece is, of course, another billet-doux, excessive even for the adoring media Obamaphiles.  For instance, The Obama's "entanglement with a campaign contributor named Antoin (Tony) Rezko in a 2005 real-estate deal," is dealt with in Jack Armstrong fashion; "In a flash he was free !"  If a democrat wins  in 2008, it appears the woman in the  White House, no matter which, will wear the mantle "most despised bitch in America." 

Obama begins with a broad assessment of life in America in 2008, and life is not good: we’re a divided country, we’re a country that is “just downright mean,” we are “guided by fear,” we’re a nation of cynics, sloths, and complacents. “We have become a nation of struggling folks who are barely making it every day,” she said, as heads bobbed in the pews. “Folks are just jammed up, and it’s gotten worse over my lifetime. And, doggone it, I’m young. Forty-four!”

In Cheraw, Obama belittled the idea that the Clinton years were ones of opportunity and prosperity:

“The life that I’m talking about that most people are living has gotten progressively worse since I was a little girl. . . . So if you want to pretend like there was some point over the last couple of decades when your lives were easy, I want to meet you!”

Just after Barack was elected to the United States Senate, Michelle received a large pay increase—from $121,910 in 2004 to $316,962 in 2005. “Mrs. Obama is extremely overpaid,” one citizen wrote in a letter to the editor of the Tribune, after the paper published a story questioning the timing of the award. “Now, what is the real reason behind such an inflated salary?” Her bosses at the Rose law Firm University of Chicago Hospitals vigorously defended the raise ...

Speaking at a rally in Wisconsin on February 18th, Obama remarked,

 “ For the first time in my adult lifetime , I am really proud of my country, and not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change.”

The self-assurance that colors Obama’s assumption that her personal feelings are some bellwether of American achievement (how predictably  liberal - Me) is also palpable in her forceful declarations that her husband is the only person who can solve the country’s problems

Back in the Explorer, I asked Obama if she thought that her husband, as the Democratic nominee, could take John McCain. “Oh, yeah. We got him,” she replied.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If this woman becomes first lady, I guarantee you that she will single handedly set race relations between blacks and every one else back 100 years.

I don't know if you've ever had the chance to observe a loud mouthed, rude bunch of black women, I saw numerous groups of them last week when I was in Maryland, but Michelle is the epitome of them and the more she works her *ucking pie hole, the more I dislike her.

How anyone in her position can be ungrateful for being an American makes me sick. A black friend of mine rolls his eyes when she comes up in conversation-he knows.

I'm surprised some one in Obama's campaign hasn't sat her down and tried to get her mind right. It speaks volumes about their relationship and about the kind of pillow talk they have. 4 or 8 years of these 2 will make us pine for the Clintons.
MM

ricpic said...

I don't know if you've ever had the chance to observe a loud mouthed, rude bunch of black women...

They're avoidable?

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.