Saturday, April 10, 2010

What? No flux capacitator?

A marvel of engineering..



Several years ago, Rockwell International decided to get into the heavy duty transmission business. We were getting ready to tape our first introduction video, as a warm up, the professional narrator began what has become a legend within the trucking industry. This man should have won an academy for his stellar performance. Now remember this is strictly off the cuff, nothing is written down, this became the biggest talk in the industry, vs our new product which we were introducing. I think you will enjoy this once in a lifetime performance from this gentleman.
Tim W

9 comments:

The Old Man said...

I SO had to steal that for my blog. But I did credit the RKOF for the laugh-inducing frannistan explaination - especially the last sentence! TYVM, Rog.
(I will, of course, remove it if you wish.)

VW - brians
Woulda been funnier if the vowels were switched..

DougM said...

Of course, in the MIL-SPEC models, they replaced the Dingel Arm with a ding alarm. That didn't change cost or performance, significantly; but it reduced dependence on capitals, which are vulnerable during wartime.

pdwalker said...

How he managed to keep a straight face, and manage to keep spewing out a consistent yarn is beyond belief.

*tips hat*

Grumpyunk said...

That is beautiful & A work of art.

I love Roger because I can always count on him for a laugh.

JMcD said...

New "Government Motors" regulations require the Fluxmuster to be replaced by a Fustercluck.

BobG said...

I never tire of that old classic.

Anonymous said...

Horry clap! That's the guy they sent out to explain why I needed a new transmission last time I had the car in the shop. - Skyhawker, Doug

leelu said...

Obamacare explained!!!

T/W "fully" (no, really)

I should think so!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I can't believe that was off the cuff -- the man is an actor and was clearly reading a script. And the presentation is very smooth, even though it's nonsense.

Still funny as hell though. Every engineer I've showed that to starts chuckling within a few words.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.