Friday, May 21, 2010

The Sestak Bribe

Democrats being Democrats


The Schultz Doctrine states that any ex-military officer who runs for office as a Democrat is ipso facto not fit to hold office. There are no known recent exceptions. Moving on now, to retired admiral Joe Sestak.  The video above is more damning evidence against the Administration, with Sestak the pawn who ain't talking because, well, the ipso facto thing.  You know -- Party trumps rectitude. This transcript via The Weekly Standard.
White House press secretary Robert Gibbs was questioned closely and at length today about whether the White House would care to clear the air about Pennsylvania Democrat Joe Sestak's claim he was offered a federal job if he'd drop out of the race against Sen. Arlen Specter. Here is what Gibbs had to say:

    I don’t have anything to add to what I said in March.

    I don’t have anything to add today.

    I don’t have anything to add to that.

    I gave that answer in March, and I don’t have anything to add to that.

    Jake, I don’t have anything to add to what I said in March.

    I don’t have anything to add to what Jake asked me.

    I will just refer you to what I said in March."


2 comments:

The Old Man said...

I thought Harry Truman did alright for a machine politico Dem. But that's just my opinion...

Anonymous said...

It is the fashion to portray Truman as some sort of common sense everyman, but he was a fool who called a few coin tosses right. Nobody asks how we went from being the most powerful military in the world to getting our collective asses kicked down the Korean peninsula by a third world puppet army in six years. He disbanded the OSS after WWII, and within a year figured out that was a stupid idea, and created the CIA. All former OSS guys, but a year of valuable intel was lost. The man was a hack politician with some populist style. Not what I want in a leader.

Casca

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.