Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Who thinks this stuff up?

What odd times.  
The most hated newspaper in the country is ___  ___ ____ _____
The most hated college basketball team in the country is ____

Boned Jello

If you answered "The New York Times," and "Duke," we're copacetic  First the Times.  We have here a story,  claiming that the paper is about to "go public with a list of names of Americans covertly working in Afghanistan providing force protection  for our troops."

That's so nuts, I'm really having trouble believing it.  I genuinely felt NYT publisher Pinch Sulzberger, and responsible editors, should have been tried for treason after they printed details of how we were tracking al-Qaeda via bank transactions, which led to the terrorists altering that behavior.    Something like this would call for arrest, trial, and summary execution.  But then, they're probably being fed the information via the White House, so fat chance.   
The second WTF? is this

A Nike campaign only a Blue Devil could love
Duke haters will be buying Adidas sneakers from now until the 2010-11 season tips off.

In honor of the Blue Devils capturing their fourth national championship last week in Indianapolis, Nike has launched an ad campaign bearing the slogan "Order has been restored."
Not my order.

Boned Jello

6 comments:

Eli said...

Even though I don't hate Duke (I don't care about bball), I am starting to hate Nike, which means that the running shoes I bought last week were Adidas.

molonlabe28 said...

I at first thought that the pitchfork was an integral component of your solution to dealing with Pinch Sulzberger's publishing of names of special ops soldiers.

I agree with Darin about basketball and Nike.

I don't care to wear anything which makes me look like a member of the Crips, Bloods MS 13, Vicelords, Gangster Disciples, Latin Kings, etc.

molonlabe28 said...

I at first thought that the pitchfork was an integral component of your solution to dealing with Pinch Sulzberger's publishing of names of special ops soldiers.

I agree with Darin about basketball and Nike.

I don't care to wear anything which makes me look like a member of the Crips, Bloods MS 13, Vicelords, Gangster Disciples, Latin Kings, etc.

molonlabe28 said...

Sorry for the double tap, guys.

BlogDog said...

I've already identified myself as a Dukie here and *I* don't like that ad. My Duke friends aren't anywhere near that insufferably arrogant.
And does Nike think that it was a good idea especially after this last championship which featured the massive popularity of Butler against the hated Duke juggernaut?
An ad featuring Butler with a "wait til next year" theme would have been hella smarter.

Merrily said...

Your Duke = My Oklahoma Gooners. So, we agree. Besides, what Rodger says, goes.
If I could read, it wouldn't be the NYT.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.