Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pea brain in a brick head

Culture Quiz
One of these statements contains an element of truth.  Which one?
(click the date for answer)
Barack Obama teases that he might run for president. But he is unqualified - not just in the (let me count the) usual ways, but because he does not know the country.  [2005]

Cultural Abyss
Sarah Palin teases that she might run for president. But she is unqualified - not just in the (let me count the) usual ways, but because she does not know the country.  [2010]


I have a better chance of communicating with a Ubangi, using sign language, than with all the Richard Cohens I share space and air with.  To Cohen, I am an ignorant if not stupid man; the country, a collection of interest groups defined by skin color.   Sigh.  Knife fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.