Sunday, March 27, 2011

Date Night



What I said before about John Cusak (a sorry-ass leftist dick-tard who I nevertheless like) goes for Tina Fey.  I find myself drawn to her despite her idiotic world view. While watching Date Night, I figured out why.  She IS Sarah Palin.  Okay, a Sarah Palin who lives in the Liberal swampland called Manhattan, but physically she's spot on.  That's why her SNL parody of SP is so damned good; she's playing  herself.  How delicious if Sarah someday has an opportunity to parody her, wot?   Anyway, I really liked this movie.  Steve Carell has the earnest schlub character down pat, and together they made me laugh.  And made me think of Sarah ...  as President of the United States.  Joy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wahlberg showed some good comedy chops too-I really had to choke it down to see it with Fey in it but she was excellent.
MM

Snackeater said...

Rodger--are you serious? Or are you just off your meds again? Tina Fey looks nothing like Sarah Palin. Post pictures of them side-by-side and you'll see. That's why when Governor Palin was on SNL, they never appeared together.

SNL needed to milk the bit a while longer (it was still a couple weeks before the election) and if they'd shown the two together, the illusion would've been blown and Fey's character would never have worked again.

And in Sarah Palin's book, she talks about her scene with Baldwin. After he "unknowingly" cuts her down, she wanted to say to him, "I thought you moved to France." In my opinion, this would've been perfect--would've cut him off at the knees--and SNL knew it, which is why they wouldn't okay the line.

rbrandt said...

Rodge, thought you liked her because she is a UVa grad.

toadold said...

"Shut up and sing"
I'm convinced that the show business environment renders people goofy and all stage mothers(parents) should be given electro aversion therapy and then must be willing to have one hand chopped off before their child is allowed to perform.

Anonymous said...

I saw it a year or so ago (my wife picked it, and it was not the right time to make political objections) at McMenamin's (Portland OR area). The movie was not worth it but the beer was, as usual, excellent.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.