Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wheeler Dealers

Wheeler Dealers
It's cracking good

My new most favorite show on the telly is Wheeler Dealers.  It's a cracking good show from Britain, about buying semi-junker classic cars at a good price (first season about 300-400 Quid) and refurbishing for less than 1000, total.  The real prize in the series, for me, is Edd, the mechanic.  Edd takes the hand-off from Mike (who finds and sells) and does all  repairs.  What's unique is his down to earth approach, where every trivial job is performed in detail.  As a result, I finish each show with a semi-burning desire to go outside and work on my own junker.  You will learn stuff.  The patois is marvelous ("dodgy American dashboards,"  "pattern parts (third party," "bonnet (hood).").  Discovery Channel begins with season one, but the series is in it's seventh year across the pond, so lots more to come. FWIW.

BONUS :Buying an LPG tank Video

6 comments:

MCPO Airdale said...

Love that show!

Anonymous said...

Love that show too. My favorite brit saying I've learned so far is that 500 pounds cash is called "the monkey." No idea why it makes me laugh so much.

Trevor

Anonymous said...

I took my Impala to a friends garage to trace a short , it came back with a DENT IN THE TRUNK , AND I'M PISSED !!! SMIBSID

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Never EVER let a friend get into your shortd

Anonymous said...

Go here:
wheeler dealers videos
for the discovery site.

My favorite Brit show was "Junkyard Wars"... and there was this nice looking blond who assisted the host...
tomw

pdwalker said...

bah! Where's the rest of it?

Great show to start.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.