Sunday, August 07, 2011

Counterpoint - Reagan's Use of Scripture

Oh the Humility!


Reagan's Use of Scripture

For the last four years I have been very concerned about the massive arms buildup undertaken by President Reagan. I have criticized his military buildup as inefficient, irresponsible and wasteful. And as for our full-speed-ahead charge into a new arms race, I have argued that this was not in the best interests of world peace. I fought that defense buildup as hard as I could and I was all ready to gear up for battle again.


Imagine my surprise upon hearing the President's assertion, backed up by Scripture, that our arms spending is sanctioned by God. I was willing to take on the President, but I sure didn't want to tangle with the Lord.

       Thev've always been out there.            


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its amazing how many turds are out there under their own power.
Tim

Anonymous said...

what was the scripture and how did he use it?

thoR

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.