Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Breast Awareness

Pink Breasts


Breast Awareness
These guyshave never seen a breast for crap sake.
.These Ribbon Causes  mostly contrived  and  promulgated by Hollywooders with more free time than brains, are all meaningless crap.   


Example.


Yes, even the Yellow ribbons. Those who don't  make no secret of it,  so why
must I declare  "I support our troops?"  Of course I do. All Americans do for chrisake.

Example.

I'm watching the Redskin game Sunday, and  notice that the players are wearing pink paraphernalia.  My first thought was that they support  "Code Pink,"  WTF? But, no.  It's  Breast Awareness Month.  Hell, that's every month,  Every day, actually.  I wish I could forget them once in a while, truth be known.  Now look, the goddamn jihadists are celebrating breast month too, and how hypocritical is that?  They won't let anyone look at female breasts, even with a sweater over them. Muslum boobs are covered with a black drop cloth.  Who can be aware?

I'm sick of all this crap, is what I'm saying. And yes, I know it's actually breast cancer awareness month.  That changes nothing, except prompt the question "why target the NFL's  male audience with it?"   I mean what are men supposed to do?  Approach a really nice looking woman who's wearing a pleated skirt and a nice sleeveless white blouse and ask if she's had her breasts examined recently? Right.  See, it's all feel good  horse crap, like everything Liberals do.




15 comments:

Chuck Martel said...

Blame Tony Orlando and Dawn.

djmoore said...

So what color would the prostate cancer ribbon be?

Brown?

(And see the Kilted for Cancer campaign recently completed by the EMS folks, like Kelly Grayson aka Ambulance Driver. There's a statement for ya.)

Anonymous said...

C'mon man! You know it's the marketing idiots trying to get more women to watch the game. Same thing with toning down the violence. They want to ruin football just like they ruined baseball. I want guys who pop greenies, and Morgana kissing the pitcher!

Jim - PRS said...

Chuck Martel has it right.

Anonymous said...

I agree that I'm a bit tired of the ribbons and "awareness-rasing" as if nobody heard of breast cancer before. This isn't the 60s when people didn't even say the words "breast", "prostate", or "cancer" out loud in public.

That said, I just had a mammogram for a lump in mine. It's okay, it's not the c-word. But a lot of people don't know that men CAN get breast cancer. It's 1% of cases. It's usually caught very late because men don't even think of it. So if you do feel any oddness near you nipples, get your doc to check it.

Bonus: when a woman complains about how much they hurt, I can say no they don't. And she'll say "how do YOU know?" And I say "because I've had one". I win.

Annoyed White Male

Anonymous said...

I ask what is the ribbon for? When they say to cure breast cancer, I ask how many it has saved.
Style over substance.

Anonymous said...

Can't decide which ribbon to wear because I have not yet decided what is my favorite disease.

Freddie Sykes

Anonymous said...

That's why I visit here--never wore or owned any of these ribbons, never will.
mary

Skoonj said...

I never liked the yellow ribbon idea, relating to support for troops. It goes back to the John Wayne film, "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon". It was a romantic attachment of a woman for a soldier. More recently there was a song, "Tie A Yellow Ribbon". That was a romantic attachment for a woman and someone just released from prison. Both of these have to do with romantic situations, not general support for troops. I support our troops, but I ain't swapping spit in the shower with one. And I sure ain't doing that with a prisoner.

Anonymous said...

I can't decide whether to wretch or scream every time the TV news cuts to the street to some airhead talking coif with a microphone who says "[name of group] is doing [X] 'to raise awareness'"
The phrase "to raise awareness" should be driven from the language.
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick

Rodger the Real King of France said...

I dunno. How many are aware that they in effect put the Weather Underground in control of the country? They need to be, so they'll understand why they're suddenly hiding in the cellar, eating rats.

Anonymous said...

I'm more than willing to lend a hand or two to support healthy breasts.

But I'd like to have discretion of when and where.

--mech

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad that I'm not the only one that can't stand this crap. It's getting tougher to watch the NFL with all the politics, causes and the over hyped Super Bowl.
Col. Whiskey

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, Chuck, I remember that song by Tony Orlando & Dawn:

"Tie a yellow strip of plastic 'round every G_d d_amn thing in sight
It's been three long years
Do you still want me?
If I don't see a yellow strip of plastic 'round every G_d d_amn thing in sight
I'll stay on the bus
Forget about us
Put the blame on me
If I don't see a yellow strip of plastic 'round every G_d d_amn thing in sight"

I wonder what liberals think will happen when enough awareness has been raised? Will cancer magically disappear from the world?
GrinfilledCelt

Anonymous said...

Obama and the Democrats = Cancer #1
olds-mo-william

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.