Friday, November 11, 2011

Nuts about JoePa

Liberal Asshattery
Tomasky finds JoePa

Jumping to Illusions


THE CRIME
On the evening of March 1, 2002, Sandusky, it is alleged, was raping a 10-year-old boy in his anus. A 10-year-old boy. In the very showers used by the Nittany Lions players. A boy Sandusky had seduced with promises of things like tickets to games and visits to the mighty Penn State locker room. A graduate assistant, also a former star quarterback and today still an assistant to Paterno, saw it and went to his father. His father told him to go not to the police, according to the report, but to Paterno. The great man would make it right.

MITIGATING
And you respected Penn State. You had to. They were good, and they were good: fine young men, early to integrate, high graduation rates. All that was Paterno. A literature major at Brown, for chrissakes. Yet another thing to like about him.

UNMITIGATING
I liked him less after he joined the Big 10, crushing Eastern conference hopes (a move that reverberates to this day, as we watch the Big East conference asphyxiate). I liked him less still when I read that he (and Lou Holtz) had attended Newt Gingrich’s birthday party in 1995.

REMITIGATING
 That was mitigated many years later when I saw that his son had endorsed Barack Obama and his daughter (?)  Hillary Clinton in 2008. “I brought my kids up to think for themselves from Day One,” Paterno said, rather charmingly, at the time.  Michael Tomasky, The Daily Beast

After Sandusky, the people most deserving of contempt are the kid's parents,  for punting  I'm no Penn State fan, but it's sad to see a pretty good man, by all accounts, gone wrecked  for what essentially is a crime of misplaced loyalty.  Anyway, it is what it is. 

Here's the thing about unctuous sermonizing by liberals like Tomasky though. They are famously selective about who, and what, triggers outrage.  They'll  reach into the can of nuts and extract juicy political cashews, ignoring myriad Lib peanuts (e.g. Bill Clinton and John Edwards) alone, in their rancid turpitude.  

I believe that I am a moral person, but if I am confronted some day with a situation that requires real moral bravery of me, where I really have to choose, and it will hurt—would I do the right thing?
  Only if the politics suit you. It's the Lib disease.


8 comments:

Tom Smith said...

Sandusky can only hope Barney Frank is on the jury

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Barney is not, near as I can tell, a pedo. Unlike his erstwhile fellow congressman from MA, Gerry Studds.

Anonymous said...

ya gotta say one thing for those pedophiles, though .... they DO slow down when driving through school zones.
Angus - BASC

Rodger the Real King of France said...

lolllllll

Anonymous said...

Too soon, Angus, too soon.

I don't see it as misplaced loyalty. I see it as protecting the rice bowl that is his image and Penn State. They couldn't handle a little scandal, so instead, God gave them the whole enchilada.

Instead of going out as the guy who personified integrity in college sports, he'll now go out as the guy who aided and abetted a pervert. He can't say he didn't know, and play his old man card as he always does. It is very clear that he did know, and turned a blind eye to abject evil in front of him. He knew back in '99 when they forced Sandusky out. McQuerry didn't tell him anything that he didn't already know.

I have never liked JoePa. I have always seen him as something other than his image. He is a mean selfish old man. Nothing is more important than his image, and the image of his team as an extension of himself. I just hope that he doesn't die before the whole story comes out.

There is a whole other inside football story here. Jim Tressel's father Lee had a long time professional relationship with Joe. Lee could recruit NE Ohio better than anyone, except maybe Woody. When it came time for Jim to take a GA job, he went to Joe, and asked for the gig. Joe turned him down. Joe turned down the guy with the keys to the kingdom of recruiting NE Ohio, and Western PA. Smart, real smart.

Casca

Scottiebill said...

Tom Smith, in the first post above, said that he doen't think that Bawney Fwank is not a pedo. From what I have read, he probably is not. However, the mayor of Portland< Oregon is a pedo. He had a well-known and documented affair with a 17-year-old boy a few years ago. And still he got elected to be mayor, twice. Sandusky can hope he gets Mayor Sam Adams on his jury.

Cheesy said...

"I believe that I am a moral person, but if I am confronted some day with a situation that requires real moral bravery of me, where I really have to choose, and it will hurt—would I do the right thing?"
When it comes to defending an innocent child or animal from harm, making the scumbags, at the very least, cringe in fear is ALWAYS the right thing to do.

Steve in Greensboro said...

Tomasky is a nasty little man. I am a little surprised he isn't sticking up (if that is the right expression) for Sandusky from a NAMBLA persoective.

Ick on Sandusky, Paterno and most of all ick on the Leftist sanctimony.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.