Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Obama Holds a Tweet-in

            
              2012
                                           



  

La La La La La
Hi, I’m Barack Obama, President of the United States. Ask me anything.

Res Ipsa Loquitor

verifiedI am Barack Obama, President of the United States -- AMA (self.IAmA)

submitted ago by PresidentObamaObama

Hi, I’m Barack Obama, President of the United States. Ask me anything. I’ll be taking your questions for half an hour starting at about 4:30 ET.

Proof it's me: https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/240903767350968320

We're running early and will get started soon.

UPDATE: Hey everybody - this is barack. Just finished a great rally in Charlottesville, and am looking forward to your questions. At the top, I do want to say that our thoughts and prayers are with folks who are dealing with Hurricane Isaac in the Gulf, and to let them know that we are going to be coordinating with state and local officials to make sure that we give families everything they need to recover.

Verification photo: http://i.imgur.com/oz0a7.jpg

LAST UPDATE: I need to get going so I'm back in DC in time for dinner. But I want to thank everybody at reddit for participating - this is an example of how technology and the internet can empower the sorts of conversations that strengthen our democracy over the long run. AND REMEMBER TO VOTE IN NOVEMBER - if you need to know how to register, go to http://gottaregister.com. By the way, if you want to know what I think about this whole reddit experience - NOT BAD!

Here is a collection of all the questions and answers:

Question:

Who's your favourite Basketball player? (Note that "favourite" is the British spelling of "favorite."  Who wrote this script, Francis_Urquhart?)

Answer:

Jordan - I'm a Bulls guy.

My amusement here lies in the concept of a president, in dire political straights, doing press conferences with Glamor Magazine, and now with a Twitter audience that we learned is 80% phantom.  I didn't see any value in reading the transcript.  He's acting like Tom Cruise did after replacing his long time press agent with his sister , or something.  Next thing, he was dancing on Oprah's couch; career off the cliff.  Maybe that's why Reggie Love came back to Barry? 'Cause Obama is clearly acting  quite unhinged.


2 comments:

DougM said...

Re: "Who wrote this script, Francis_Urquhart?"
You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

Anonymous said...

Where's the Birf Certificate?

thoR~

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.