Sunday, March 24, 2013

The day ain't over yet




STUFF

Res Ipsa Loquitor

I've done used up all the words, historical comparisons, disapprobation, and purple prose to describe this Obama government.  In point—I just picked three dates at random to see whether I could repost that day's entire postage  today,  without causing undue confusion about what the hell I was talking about.
  1.  Wednesday, February 03, 2010
  2.   Monday, July 27, 2009
  3.  Sunday, March 28, 2010
See? During the Clinton occupation I was certain that not a single day passed without some lie being uttered by them.  In Obama's case, it's pretty much impeachable offenses that bombard us daily.  I pretty much said it all on Wednesday, November 05, 2008.  Every single thing that's followed was predictable. So I get bored.  What if my entire universe is in my head?  All of it, and obeying cosmic  rules that demand a certain continuity?  But I can invent things that allow change— like if I press this dot  (.right now, all of Washington will disappear and I'll be here all lovely.  Let's try it.

Oh well, not blogging like a fool has had benefits.  I do stuff.  Right now it's baking and cooking, but I see a return to inventing coming on.  I have the urges.  Now.I'm going to look at my mail for the first time in two days, find something smiley, and post it right here

from The Examiner

What do more people have access to: toilets or cell phones?

If you guessed the latter, you'd be correct. A new United Nations study found that more people around the world have access to a cell phone than to a working toilet. Of the world's 7 billion people, 6 billion have access to phones. Only about 4.5 billion have access to toilets. India alone is responsible for 60 percent of the world's population that don't have working toilets -- about 626 million people. Compare that to the 1 billion cell phones in India. In response, the United Nations is launching an effort to halve the number of those without access to toilets by the end of 2015.

Thom the manly Mann



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quote: "In response, the United Nations is launching an effort to halve the number of those without access to toilets by the end of 2015."

Given the UN's record, I'd want to move away from where they plan on implementing their program...

That's a lot of people to get rid of! Might be cheaper to buy a lot of toilets, no?


tomw

Esteve said...

Toilets are critical to smart phone users. Read somewhere that over half watch TV while on the john. It's not fair that so many can't.

george said...

They'll have to continue to wash their left hands.

tw: arumself (is that a directive Rodg?)

Anonymous said...

...and the other half play solitaire?

Casca

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.