Friday, February 23, 2018

Piece of cake?





Small Things That Please Me             

                  




From time to time I use YouTube for quick recipes.  There seems to be no end of at-home people who've carved out a small income generating home cooking business.  I say that because I note that in the early "shows" the chef's kitchen is often dated, when of a sudden they are working on granite counter tops with new stainless steel appliances in the background. Anyway, Jenny Can Cook is one I subscribed to because she's, well, refreshing. And sensible. And her stuff works for me.  It struck me while watching this cake episode that by golly, if I was looking to produce a television cooking show, I'd hire her.  I mean, she's got it.  Hell, maybe I ought to start doing that myself. 

6 comments:

Phssthpok said...

Presented quickly (usually under 3 min/video), and generally not requiring any exotic ingredients, I've lost count of the 'ideas' I've gotten from the Youtube channel 'Tasty'.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJFp8uSYCjXOMnkUyb3CQ3Q/videos

In fact... I plan on trying this one out this weekend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmxpGg0XRE8

Anonymous said...

That's the former talk show host Jenny Jones.
Nice little videos and recipes.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

So, Jenny Jones is/was a pro. Do I have an eye for talent, or what?

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Phssthpok's link is for "Fish Broccoli Ham & Cheddar Chicken Roll"
You're welcome

Anonymous said...



Behold now the joyfully malevolent recipe for Schadenfreude Pie, dark and sinister, the darkest of all dark pies, appearing as if the baleful eye of retribution and freighted down by the petty weaknesses of men.

https://whatever.scalzi.com/2006/09/26/how-to-make-a-schadenfreude-pie/

Sir H the Comet

Juice said...

Wow it is Jenny Jones. Nice tip, thanks.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.