Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Famous Crook, John Murtha

"All right," agreed Murtha. "How much money we talking about?"

'Bitch set me up?''
MR. MCLAUGHLIN: ...Murtha was approached by an undercover FBI agent, and you're on tape telling the agent, quote, unquote, "I'm not interested." Is that true?

REP. MURTHA: Not only that, John; they pulled a drawer out and they had $50,000 there and I said, "I'm not interested." I said, "I'm interested in investment in my district, period."

JOHN MCLAUGHLIN'S "ONE ON ONE"  February 9, 2006

ORLY?

''An article from the August 6, 1980, Washington Post, inexplicably unavailable on LexisNexis, fills in some of the gaps. Written by Jack Anderson, the sometimes controversial yet Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative columnist, the article details Murtha's conversation with the investigators and sheds further light on his status as an unindicted co-conspirator. Anderson's reporter, Gary Cohn, apparently reviewed the tapes.''

The Rest of Murtha's FBI Tape

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

UH oh...

why haven't i caught this on C-BS?

perhaps the tape actually has him saying,

"i am not interested...

until we are talking more money...'

Anonymous said...

He'd have been treated like Blackbeard the pirate was treated by the British if he were a Republican. Ah! life in America under the double standards of justice.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

I was just wondering where you was Jake ... I mean, like 5 minutes ago.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.