Thursday, May 21, 2009

Jodi's Reese

 REESE
Barn Army Attack Major
Nearly a month ago (Friday, April 24, 2009) I posted a tribute to Jodi's Reese.  No sooner had I posted when I received this e-mail from Reese.
"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"

I put the post in limbo.  Today I receive news that, despite moments when Jodi thought Reese might make it another year, it became necessary to end  her misery.

I don’t even have the words.  Reese is gone now.  I loved her so.  It breaks my heart even more to see Tasha without Reese.  I am so thankful for your blog…it gave me 2 more years with her.  The vet cried, the techs cried, my neighbors, family, friends.  Reese was truly a part of our family.  She went everywhere with me.  We couldn’t have asked for a better dog. I was a better person for having her in my life. Thanks for listening to me over the months.  I will keep you and Reagan in my prayers.

 

Love,

Jodi

Jodi included this beautiful video, because " It seems like our barn army tends to be dog lovers."

7 comments:

AnnoyedOne said...

I had to have my 18 yr-old cat euthanized back in Feb (she was suddenly in distress--I suspect a stroke). I still miss her...

Sorry for your loss Jodi.

Anonymous said...

We had to have Liesel, our 9 year old German Shepard, put down in February. She'd had a lot of health problems but we'd worked hard for years to keep her happy and as well as possible. She was 130 lbs in her prime but down to 105 at the end. My wife and I cried like babies at the end and held her as she went (I'm tearing up now). Her two sisters couldn't understand why we didn't bring her home and looked for her for several weeks. People who've never loved a dog can't understand how much it hurts to lose one. Even tho you know it's for the best to let them go, it still is hard.

Anonymous said...

wow, choked me up. I'm so truly sorry for your loss jodi

Anonymous said...

Reece looks like what I call "A big ol' comfortable dawg". Brains, friendliness, and just a pleasant animal to have involved in your life. I'd have liked to have met Reece.

I've not had a dog since my teens, and I just turned 60. I refuse to have one until I can give it the attention and time it needs. I am alone and do a lot of traveling, so that is not possible.

When it is time for me to have a dog, it will be a big ol' comfortable dawg. Something with some shepard, or Rottie in the mix. That way I get brains, the looks, and the sense of humor those dogs seem to have.

- The Friendly Grizzly

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful video you made dear. I take pictures of my dogs almost daily, my iPhoto has 1,000s, but no video. I have to get one.

I'm sorry for your loss but the love this animal gave you will always be with you.

And Friendly, I know exactly what you mean. As I look back(I'm 57) I realize I've engineered my life so my dogs were never left alone-always had my own business where they accompanied me.
MM

Anonymous said...

Lost one of our precious ones this week, you are in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Never been with out a dog.From the time I was born.
ozaoB

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.